Writing directly on the WordPress interface can be very time consuming. I realized how much time I wasted in the process of formatting and publishing a blog entry.
- Scribefire (my final choice!)
- Gumana (both Mac & Windows)
- BlogJet (not on my wish list because it is non-free)
- Windows Live Writer (someone said “works like a charm”)
- Zoundry Raven (very similar to Windows Live Writer in its functionality)
Though I am wary of the Microsoft programs in general, Word 2007 is currently the only editor at hand to do this job. Right now I’m writing this post under Word 2007 and I will see how it works. So far I have noticed it lacks the following features:
- No tagging capabilities
- Probably insecure authentication handshake
- No “read more…”
- Can’t schedule a time for a post to be published
I haven’t tinkered with image insertions in Word 2007, but I’ve noticed how much faster to publish a post using a local blog editor!
I will try other local blog editors in the future, preferably a free editor with advanced blog editing features. Stay tuned.